We wanted to share some exciting details around our new graphing engine which went live today. One of the biggest areas of feedback we’d been consistently hearing was that our customers wanted a better way to visualize their log data.
While working on the new graphing features, our engineering team spoke with dozens of teams using our tools today. This shaped how we rebuilt our graphing engine, including improved stability and performance as well as new visualizations that can provide deeper insights into your log data. Here are a few of the key features below:
New Graphing Features
- Histograms: Create value distributions from queries
- Multiple plots on the same graph: Compare different data sets on the same graph
- Specify your own time ranges: Zoom in, zoom out and even select custom time ranges from a calendar
- Lines for plots, bars for histograms: All your existing bar graphs are now line graphs. This improvement allows for multiple plots.
- Field value autocomplete: See possible field values to select from when making a query
We’re also hosting a 30 minute graphing webinar to dive deep into our new graphing engine and highlight some of the new features mentioned above. Learn how to get the most out of our latest graphing capabilities! Register for our webinar here.
If you have any questions, feedback or want to talk to support please drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.