Recently, we held a webinar where Chris Nguyen, our CEO and Co-Founder and Norman Hsieh, our Head of Business Development talked about the ever increasing production of data, the shift from monitoring to observability, and the evolution of production infrastructure into multi-cloud. LogDNA is uniquely positioned to have enabled thousands of customers to gain deep insights into their evolving DevOps infrastructure. As the industry has shifted to microservices and Kubernetes we have helped our customers migrate and deploy world-class infrastructure.
Here are some highlights:
- DevOps teams are going to be busy for a while – the amount of data being generated is growing exponentially
- Evolution of infrastructure started with virtualization with VMware in 1999, then the launch of AWS in 2006, then Docker and Kubernetes in 2014
- Evolution of logging: In the past decade, the shift was from remote access log files to centralized logging. Modern day logging is a big data challenge. The problem is how to scale across containers, environments and clouds?
- As DevOps has evolved, Monitoring requirements have shifted into what’s called Observability, which is to answer two important questions at all times:
- Is the system healthy?
- If not, why not? Where can we start debugging?
- Three Pillars of Observability are:
- Types of Log Management Solutions: Cloud, On-Prem/Private Cloud and Multi-Cloud
- The reality is that company infrastructure is no longer homogenuous with a mix of public cloud, private cloud, on-prem
- The shift to Multi-Cloud is happening because of changes in data governance rules, requirements for security and compliance by region and the cost of scaling
- Future of Logging is the ability to view your growing data across multiple regions and platforms through a single pane of glass
- Log Management is critical to the future of devops so when evaluating, be sure to look at business and technical requirements for
- security and compliance
- what you want to do with the data, the speed of search when volume blows up, not just retention needs
- how quickly you’re growing
- budget as you scale, including ease of onboarding and training
- Companies that take a proactive approach knowing that they’re going to 10x their business know that the right log management partner is key to their success.
Contact us to chat about your multi-cloud logging needs.