Start logging in 2 steps
1. Download the LogDNA Agent
The LogDNA agent is used to collect your data and forward it into LogDNA for easy log collection and analysis.
- Log into the LogDNA app: https://app.logdna.com
- Follow the tailored instructions to install the agent
- Alternatively, LogDNA integrates with various platforms including Kubernetes, even plain old syslog, and code libraries
- Watch this quick video by our Head of DevOps on how to get started, save a view, and create alerts
2. Now, tell the LogDNA Agent what to log
By default, the LogDNA agent automatically logs all .log and extensionless files located under /var/log/, but if you want to log other directories or files, you can specify logging paths by editing /etc/logdna.conf.
Just remember to restart the agent if you make any changes to the configurations.
Congrats! Your logs are flowing into LogDNA. What’s next?
- Log into the LogDNA app to see the live tail of your logs
- Learn how to View, Search and Filter Logs
- Learn how to create Views and Alerts
- Learn how to visualize your logs
Getting Your Questions Answered
As you get started, we know you’ll have questions. A great place to start is to check our docs.
From inside the LogDNA web app, just click on the Help icon in the bottom left and send us your question or feedback.
We’re always happy to help.