Effective May 25, 2018
This privacy statement describes how LogDNA, Inc. (“LogDNA,” “we,” “us,” “our”) collects and uses the personal information you provide on our website located at logdna.com and/or mobile apps and related services (collectively, the “Services”). It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
LogDNA, Inc., 236 Castro St., Mountain View, California 94041, United States
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect the following personal information from you that you provide to us, directly or indirectly:
- Contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Billing information such as credit card number, and billing address
- Unique identifiers such as user name, account number, password; note we may collect such information about you regarding your accounts with third-party services when you link those services to your account.
- Preferences information you provide such as product or content interests, or communication or marketing preferences
- Usage activity about how you interact with us such as purchase history, what content you viewed, and which areas of our site you visited.
- Demographic information such as household income, age, education, gender, interests, and zip code.
- Information collected automatically about your device and your usage of the Services, such as IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
We may also collect information about you from third parties, such as when others give us your information (e.g., to invite you to use the Services), from data enrichment services (e.g., to better tailor our communications to you), or when you link your account to third party services (e.g., when you link your email account to upload your contacts). We will only use information collected from third parties for the specific reason for which it was provided to us and for no other purpose.
We use the information we collect to:
- Create and administer your account with us
- Provide you with the Services
- Process and fulfill your orders and requests
- Provide you with customer support or technical support, and to respond to your requests and inquiries
- Communicate with you with respect to your access and use of the Services, including to send you order confirmations, requested information about products or services, updates on products and warranty information, and similar communications
- Send you newsletters or other promotional or marketing communications, and to monitor the performance of our advertisements and marketing efforts
- Linking your account with accounts you have with third-party service providers
- Securing the Services and our systems
- Sharing with third parties for the purposes discussed in “Disclosure to Third Parties”, below
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
We disclose information we collect in the following cases:
- You asked us to, or otherwise gave your specific consent.
- With vendors we engage to provide you with aspects of the Services, such as facilitating communications with you and other users, maintaining our databases, and processing payments.
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request
We or a third party contracted by us may use technologies such as cookies, Web beacons, or scripts to gather information about how you and others interact with our Web site. For example, we will know how many users access a specific areas or features within our site and which links or ads they clicked on, or we may set a cookie on your browser that allows you to access the Services without needing to remember and then enter a password more than once during a visit to the site. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our site is used, improve our marketing efforts, and provide content and features that are of interest to you.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies or to disable our use of tracking technologies, most browsers and mobile devices allow you to change your settings with respect to such technologies. If you’re in the EU, you can find additional information about your choices with respect to advertising networks and online behavioral advertising by clicking here.
Please note that, if you continue to use the Services without blocking or disabling cookies or other tracking technologies, you hereby consent to our use of these tracking technologies and to our use of any personal information that we collect through their use.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you provide sensitive information (such as a credit card number) to us, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at email@example.com
Access and Control of Your Personal Information You can access, correct, amend, or delete certain personal information by accessing the Settings of your account. If you cannot find the relevant personal information there, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you. You may opt-out of certain collection, use, and disclosure practices. Specifically:
- You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at email@example.com.
- You may opt-out of certain cookies and tracking technologies. Please see the instructions in the “Tracking Technologies” section, above.
- You may opt out of all collection by terminating your account with us and ceasing all use of the Services. To delete your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then delete your personal information within a commercially reasonable period of time; provided, however, that we may need to retain some personal information that is otherwise deleted in archived or backup copies as required pursuant to records retentions obligations, to resolve disputes or enforce our contractual agreements, or otherwise as required by law.
LogDNA is located in the United States, and we process and store information on servers located in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to locations that may be outside of your country of residence, including to the United States. You acknowledge and agree that, as a condition of providing us with any information, you have legal authority to transfer it to the United States. EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield As described further in our Privacy Shield Policy, LogDNA has self-certified to the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield frameworks set forth by the U.S Department of Commerce. Notification of Privacy Statement Changes We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Ready to get started?
Get connected with one of our technical solutions experts. We can create a custom solution to solve your logging needs.Get Started